Last updated October 25th, 2006
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by Lotsurf.com is controlled primarily by Lotsurf.com, a trading name for Fairfield Industries Ltd
, North Ormesby Road, Middlesbrough TS4 2AG, United Kingdom .
Collection and Use of Personal Information About Customers
The information we ask for during the registration process is used to identify Lotsurf bidders. We use the information to handle bids, process payments, communicate with you about bids, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as „My Lotsurf” and recommend upcoming auctions that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website.
The information we gather is that entered by you on your user registration form, and any amendments made by you to that information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
- Be sure to log out of Lotsurf when you finish using a shared computer.
Does Lotsurf.com Share Information?
We are not in the business of selling your contact details to others. Lotsurf.com shares information only with:
- Companies within our Group: Lotsurf is a trading name of Industries Ltd, which is itself part of the John Livingston Group of Companies. We may pass information between companies in the Group if we deem it appropriate.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK 's Data Protection Act.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Fairfield Industries Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Lotsurf.com and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or to protect the rights, property or safety of Lotsurf.com, Industries Ltd, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK 's Data Protection Act.
What Information Can I Access?
Lotsurf.com gives you access to information about your account, particularly in the „My Lotsurf” area of the website. The range of information may change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it is needed to place bids on the Lotsurf system.
- You can add or update certain information on the „My Lotsurf” page.
- If you do not want to receive our occasional newsletter, please change your preference on the „My Lotsurf” page. (If you do not want to receive legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Lotsurf.com and bids placed with Lotsurf.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Terms and Conditions, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit Lotsurf.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and ourTerms and Conditions, including limitations on damages and application of the laws of England. If you have any concern about privacy at Lotsurf.com, please Contact Us and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions and Notices to Purchasers will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Lotsurf, October 25th 2006